ebay doesnt let me return an item?

i bought a part for my car 3 moths ago and it already went bad.

When i bought it, it said it 1 year warranty. I contacted the seller and says item is out of warranty.  now i called ebay but seems no "human" is available.

i tried to start a retur on ebay's website but it says "the return window was closed. We cant process your return because its outside the sellers return window.  Contact the seller directly to return this item"

what can i do now?  its a $100+ dollar item. 

thanks in advance

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

What don't you understand about what you were told?  eBay is just a middleman.  You can buy and sell on their website.  They have absolutely nothing to do with product warranties.  What they do have is a short window for filing a dispute.  That is what lapsed.  Three months is way too long to decide to dispute something.  If you bothered to read their policy, you would know that.  If the item has a one year warranty, then contact the company and do what "their" policy is to get service under the warranty.  The seller seems to think it is out of warranty.  Check it - don't take his word for it.  Unless the seller is the manufacturer, he would not be offering the warranty.  It would be the manufacturer.

Source(s): eBay Buyer & Seller.
  • Amy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Contact the seller, leave them a bad review, and if they won't refund your money then reverse the credit card charge.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Keep trying the seller. You can try paypal if that gets you nowhere.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Contact the seller directly and wait for a response.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.