Portable sewing machine help needed?

Just bought a portable mini 

sewing machine. Was trying to get the hang of it when the bobbin ran out. I put a spindle through a spool of thread and put it into the machine but it wasnt laying down stitching correctly. Now, even when I use the extra bobbins they provided, the same thing happens. Ill provide a picture. Does anyone know how to solve this? I just wanted a sewing machine that wouldnt cost me a fortune. 

My picture wouldnt post but basically the stitches are just loops and dont lay down like they should. 

• drip

Sorry, but hand held “sewing” machine are garbage. They are not worth buying, they are not worth keeping. 

Hopefully you can return it.  Save up you money for a real Sewing machine

If you're getting loops, it's almost always a tension problem. Loops in the top thread mean that the bobbin tension (lower thread) is too loose so the top thread is not getting pulled down properly. Loops in the bottom thread mean that the upper thread tension is too loose so the top thread is not getting pulled up properly. Use two very different colours of thread and a totally different colour fabric when you're trying to diagnose a tension problem so you can tell which thread is doing what.

When the tension is correct, the threads meet inside the fabric, so you might see just a tiny bit of the bottom thread on the top side, and vice versa.

The top tension is the one you adjust, 99.9% of the time. Bobbin tension rarely needs adjusting and then usually only if you're using a non-standard sewing thread. In almost 40 years of using my everyday machine, I've adjusted its bobbin tension maybe three times.

I don't know what you mean when you say you put a spindle through a spool of thread after the bobbin thread ran out. If the bobbin thread ran out, you replace it with a full bobbin.

Threading note: Always thread the machine with the presser foot up, and make sure the thread passes through the discs that control tension. If you thread while the foot is down, the thread cannot pass through those discs and the top thread will have no tension at all. That will mess up the stitches.

I don't know what machine you have but surely it came with a manual. All this stuff I just told you should be in the manual. Read it, all of it, then start from scratch and re-thread both threads.

All this advice assumes you have something that's like a real sewing machine that sits on a table, but very small. There are other mini sewing machines that are handheld and I know nothing about them. It would have helped if you were more specific about what you have.

Those things are garbage.  Stop wasting your money and buy a decent sewing machine.  A Juki or a Brother is fine.