Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCommunity Service · 1 month ago

Where should I do my community service?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Lisa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Have you been sentenced to do community service due to your having broken a law?  if so, in most jurisdictions you are provided with a list of possible organizations that are authorized for people in your position.  If you have not yet received such a list, ask attorney or someone connected with your case.  Every jurisdiction is different, but usually there are a number of different ways to fulfill  your community service obligation.  I suggest you pick the one that seems the most enjoyable to you or that seems the most useful to you.  Of course, if there is one that relates to the reason you have been sentenced to do community service and you feel you might learn from being involved with it, then that is an excellent way to go.

On the other hand, if you haven't broken the law but you just want to serve your community, then ask yourself what kind of work you feel you would be best at.  Some people like to volunteer with animals at a zoo or animal shelter.  Others like to pick up garbage in a park.  Still others prefer be of help to children.  It's all a matter of what you prefer and what your talents are.

Hope this helps!

• Nicey8
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Volunteer in your local area. Find social agencies in your area and ask them which households need help.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.