Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo MailAbuse and Spam · 1 month ago

Why do Republicans say the CJ system treat all races equally when data from the start of the last decade contradicts them?

According to the PRISON POLICY INITIATIVE, in 2010 here is the demographics of prisoners:

Blacks: 2,306

American Indian or Alaska Native: 1,291

Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander: 1,017

Latinx: 831

White: 450

Asian: 115

just as you are selectively using data to make your point while leaving out many facts... yes the Criminal justice system is not a well balance one... same reason why men pay child support way more than women 

I would ask in response why are blacks a higher rate of percentage of victims of crime? Do not use your SJW ideas to  make me live in crime ridden neighborhood.  SJW make noise and do what is easy but never really help those who need help. 

• Susie

Why don’t YOU answer why the numbers are like that.  It’s not discrimination to make people pay for their crimes.   Teach your children not to commit crime but to respect others and our laws, and you won’t have to “worry” about numbers.  

They don't think. Black people are feared, stereotyped, and targeted. They never get the benefit of the doubt. Officers don't take chances with them. Many black men are automatically handcuffed and arrested for being at the wrong place at the wrong time. Being of the same race as an alleged criminal is not reasonable suspicion, but in the case of blacks it is treated as such. Some officers and prosecutors hold grudges against specific black people and take it out on anyone who looks like them. Black men are given tougher sentences than white men who commit the same crime. This is coming to light with the push to decriminalize marijuana. A black man with a single gram of marijuana is given months in jail while white college students get a warning or small fine. All of this is too much for many Republican to grasp. They have to stick with simple answers and ideas.

Probably cause equality of outcome isnt the same as equality of oppertunity. 

Hint your claim is equality of outcome based.

Because you aren't considering who commits most of the crime in America. BTW, I used to live in the hood and I saw what goes on there first hand.

You can thank Biden/democrats 1994 crime bill for that (bunch of racists if you ask me). President Trump reversed that.

Because young Black men - who are less than 3% of the population - commit more than half of the serious violent crime in the USA each year.  

that's 'cause blacks are involved at a MUCH HIGHER RATE in criminal activity then any other minority ............................

So you admit that blacks commit the vast majority of criminal offenses...... that's hardly anyone's fault except their own when they go to prison.

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Because conservatives get softer jail sentences whereas if I were to commit a crime, since I'm not white, I would be in jail for decades.