when you open a tub of ice cream, can you stop eating it after only spoonfuls ?

I am of course referring to those family sized ice cream tubs.

I just helped myself to over 20 spoonfuls of Neopolitan Ice Cream ( Neapolitan ice cream ) and just couldn't find it in me to stop!

each spoon more tastier than the last, and of course trying to give all 3 flavors the attention they deserved (Chocolate,  Vanilla and Strawberry).

are you disciplined when near ice cream or do you do what I do,  get 'stuck in' ?

yes I CAN after my Chemo therapy i lost all interest in ice cream   No longer find the taste  smell or texture   pleasing actually   lost my taste for anything  with lots of  SWEETNESS   thank you for the question

Yes, I can stop at just a small dish of it.

My favorite is Blue Bunny Vanilla.  Put that in front of me and you aren't getting it back.  I cannot put it down.  No one can fault you for eating it...its a vice that really has few side effects (well, except for weight gain).  Ice cream is one of the things I could NOT live without.

• ron h

I often eat about 3/4 of a half gallon at night and the rest for breakfast. 

• kswck2

That is what self control is all about. If you don't have it, buy smaller containers. 

I eat ice cream maybe twice a year, so I would never get through a large tub. I buy a pint size of Ben and Jerry's or Hagen Daaz and just eat it in one sitting so that there is none left over to get all icy in the freezer. 

• denise

I used to 'get stuck in' a few years ago, nowadays I restrain myself because I have diabetes.

Yes, I can. But I think that has more to do with my teeth sensitivity than anything else. I can't tolerate cold treats for long. I guess, in hindsight, it's kept me pretty disciplined! 

it takes will power, but I 'usually' can .........................

I usually just have 3 scoops in a sugar cone.