Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 month ago

My parents use an app on my phone that lets them see absolutely everything I’m doing. How do I get past that?

How can I make it so my parents can’t see what I’m doing on my phone? It’s not like I’m doing anything bad. I just feel reaaaaaally creeped out by it and I don’t want to tell them that because they’ll get mad at me. 

• Shark

remember your parents are concerned about your well being - they want nothing but the best for you 

Unless your the one paying the bill and your over the age of adulthood in your country then your parents are dong their job. they have a duty to make sure you are safe, odds are the dont spy on everything just have a quick look at the things you do from time to time to keep you safe. As they pay the bill and they should have registered your account if your a child technically the accounts are their and not yours until you take over paying and are of the age. Sorry. Even if you do take this "app" off the phone they would still be able to see what you are doing with a simple request to the provider as its their phone..

Don't know how old you are but to be honest I think they are being responsible parents unless you are under the age of consent in your country.

• Lv 7

if you could bypass that, it wouldn't ve very useful to your parents.

you could just buy your own phone...

Oh no.... that sucks. Well, first, what app is it? and it depends how it works. Like does it screen record everything ? or does it just inform them when you open an app? maybe if you do something that you dont want them to, cover it up by doing over things on your phone right before and right after. For example:

If you are looking up answers on a test, open a game up first, play on it for a bit, then switch to the google site really quick, then go back to the game so it can be sandwiched and maybe they wont notice?