Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 1 month ago

Allergic to every Moisturiser ?

So ive tried dozens of moisturizers, had several prescribed to me by dermatologists and they all just give me a bad reaction, causing my skin to get red, hot and itchy. For now i can only apply protopic (tacrolimus) to my face to keep it calm but still have to suffer dry skin. Please can anyone help.

From personal experience, I know exactly what you are talking about.  Have you tried Neosporin Eczema Essentials Daily moisturizing cream or Aveeno Eczema therapy cream?  Both work for me.  I have severe dry, sensitive allergic skin, and those are the ONLY two things that I can tolerate.  The unfortunate thing with most other moisturizers is that they have ingredients (like cocoa butter, almonds, olive oil and other things) that make my allergies worse.  I've had to use protopic as well as corticosteroid based creams before I found the above.  I hope you find something that works.

Source(s): Lifelong allergies and atopic dermatitis (eczema).

Even Palmers Cocoa butter?  Have you tried allergy medicine..blue top

• Eva

Have you tried ones without any chemicals at all?  Olive oil, almond oil, argan oil, coconut oil, without anything else added may work.  Coconut oil works well for me.

• Shay

Have you tried baby oil with vitamin E and Aloe.

Simple baby oil applied to damp skin - allow it to sit for a few minutes - then pat it off with a dry towel.  I apply baby oil to my entire body after a shower - while the body is still wet - and then wait five minutes and dry.  It is a great moisturizer and might not irritate your skin.

Try it on a small area to see if you get a reaction.  

Perhaps you may consider going to a board-certified allergist who may be able to do some allergy testing and/or allergy shots.

I find that Cetaphil Facial moisturizer with a sun protection factor (spf) of 15 is okay with my sensitive skin.  However, apparently one is *not* supposed to be wear a spf at night.

Try pure olive oil, or try coconut oil.  Not a cream with those ingredients as part of their concoction. but straight out of a jar of the pure, organic stuff.