Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAstronomy & Space · 1 month ago

Where did my balloon 🎈 go? When will it come back?

How long does it take a balloon 🎈 that floated away to come back down? Will it ever come back down?

Will the payload gently float back down with the balloon? I made a gift basket and tied a beautiful seashell necklace 🐚 💎 that I had made to the balloon and it floated away with the balloon

The balloon was a Mylar and not a latex balloon and was a cluster balloon consisting of two 24 inch Mylar balloons.

Will it Gently float back down And when will it come back?

That was a very nice gesture that you made. A mylar ballon should travel many miles before the gas leaks out and it returns to the ground. I would expect it to reach a height of a couple of thousand feet, depending on various factors such as the weight of the necklace and the air temperature.

I hope you waited for the wind to be blowing in the right direction, otherwise it may have been blown out to sea. Perhaps you should have put your name and number on a piece of paper with the necklace so if it is found the person can call you to confirm they received it.

If it blows all the way to Melbourne in Australia and I find it, I will post a reply here.

See the French 15 minute short titled: "The Red Balloon" for the answers to all of your questions.

Hot air balloon can rise into the air by  heat energy  that heat up the air by burning of the gas , so the  high of it is then up to the controlling of the the gas burner inside the balloon. But for your balloon is made of rubber and filled with Helium or hydrogen, then it would float according to the wind blown and fall down when all the gas leak out., then sometime it can float  away around  20 to 30  KM.  

It flew over the Hills and far away

And wherever it goes, Nobody knows