If we are not supposed to judge all black people based on the actions of a few, why can't we have the same standard for the police?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Great question. The reason that does not apply to the police is because of the police brotherhood "code of silence" where good cops hide, cover up, and protect the criminal activity of the bad cops. As long as good cops (which I believe to be the vast majority) are enabling the bad cops, there are no good cops the public can count on. That does not appear to be changing and it destroys ALL credibility of law enforcement

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because police have to make a judgment call very quickly- You have to make a split second judgment call on whether someone has a gun if you cant see their hands- and you have to pray to God you're right or else you're dead. Thus, it makes more sense to believe if a few black people behave a certain way, it's going to make you nervous around all black people when its your life on the line if you're wrong. You can't be too trusting in law enforcement and not get yourself killed. What we know is that it is a fact that black people are more likely to resist arrest and to possess illegal weapons. (this is because black people love to throw the race card when they're caught dead in the crosshairs of being wrong.) That is an uncontroverted fact if you're intellectually honest.

• Judith
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

We do.  What makes you think that we don't?  In fact they are held to a higher standard.  Bad police are eventually fired (especially now with all the videos available) and/or put in prison.  I assume all people are good unless given reason to believe otherwise.  I assume black, white, red, green and purple people are good unless proven otherwise.  Same with any group of people.

Although there are certain groups of people I believe are bad for our culture and that would be people who belong to hate groups; e.g. KKK, White Supremacy groups, Nazism, etc.  Any group which is known to spew hatred towards others because of their race, creed or color.

• 1 month ago

We do.  No one is saying all police are bad.  

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Or white people.

• J M
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

We do, guess you are not paying attention 

• 1 month ago

But, but, but. Because! Racism! Trump! Whine! Cry! It's not fair! 

• 1 month ago

we can..... we just need to think with our brains instead of letting little hi-def screens do it for us....

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

because BLM says so, that's why !!!!

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

because the whole dept tries to hide it

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.