Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleOther - Beauty & Style · 1 month ago

Why is white the standard beauty ?

Why is white seen as the ideal beauty standard lighter skin , thin lips, thin nose, and straight hair . Why is darker skin look down upon and why is lighter skin seen as more attractive. 

Have u been living under a rock? white is no longer the standard of beauty. Nowadays the racially ambiguous look is the standard of beauty (big lips, tan skin, curly/wavy hair ect.) Take a look on instagram. 

I don’t think it is the standard, some prefer it while others don’t. Just like in America most girls go to the beach to get a tan, so here in America our beauty standard would be to be darker. There are some cultures that have this stereotype across a few countries on the Asian continent that fairer skin is prettier. My guess is historical probably due to the British colonizing half the world and imprinting on the natives of those country as the desired way to look and dress. We always want that we don’t have. Same thing goes for a woman with straight hair, she like to have wavy or curly hair. 

• LM440

I have never heard that or felt that way.  Attractive females that take pride in their appearance can be of any race.  Many factors determine a person's physical appeal and I don't see skin tone factoring in.

why do black men try and get a white woman. How many famous black men have white partners

because the white color is a natural beauty. 

From my experience it's true.

If I were to give a reason, it's due to white beauty being pleasant and not too extreme/bold.

This is sadly true, and it's not just due to more white people being featured in media.

Many scientific studies have shown that white features are best looking.

This doesn't mean that all people like this standard beauty, but alot of people do.

You are right. I ask myself the same question. I think its because white people dominate everything like the magazines, model agencies and brain wash us to say lighter skin and straight hair is beautiful when that's not true. its all a brain wash. If they hired more black models or other races in magazines then we can see all colors are beautiful.

i see what youre doing here.....what you ask isnt true

it's same color is a turd. nobody wants turds 

Who said it is? You sound a little stupid.