Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 1 month ago

Where were they for the last 2 months?

I interviewed for a job in April. It was at a grocery store during the height of the pandemic. The inverviewer said they were "desperate" for more cashiers, stockers, and online order packers. I didn't hear from them again until today, when they called me and asked if I was still interested in the job. What took them so long to get back to me?

• D1218

Maybe the fact that some people have to stop for a certain amount of time and the pandemic.

Non jamming places are suspicious themselves.Always!Usually go and like a chic guy forget them!Home keeping is better,for matter of reputation and we are to gimmer an after while if still!

You were not obviously their first choice--and so they didn't get back to you immediately. But whoever was their first choice either didn't work out, or didn't want the job--so they went back to their pool of applicants. Very common and pretty normal behavior. 

You weren't the other applicant & maybe you don't have the qualifications they're looking for.

They were probably backdooring all the applications as you know, but all there best options ran out and now are depending on less attractive options

They probably had many applications and are going through the list.  They may have employees going back to school (real or on line) so they need to fill positions now.

Another possibility is if any of the staff became ill and they are off or furloughed due to the virus if they are on Unemployment they may not want to come back because they are making more while on unemployment than they made while working. 

Perhaps you were their reserve candidate' another member of staff has left and they chose you as replacement rather than readvertise and reinterview.

• kswck2

Maybe they were looking for someone better? 

• Jim

Because there were 300 people in front of you.

• KatieC

Either they froze hiring during the shutdown, or their first choice didn’t work out.