Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

If your friend does not text you thnk you for the birthday card you sent her should you ask why?

Sent it as covid.. not seen her in months.

Should i text her and ask why? Or ask her why when we do catch up, which could be months..

I think shes rude..

??

Update:

You also text her to sau happy birthday on her b’day..

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

No, that would be rude.

• 1 month ago

No, that's very rude to ask why. 

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

maybe it got lost in the mail and she never got it

• 1 month ago

Maybe she got 400 cards. Does she have to text you all?

Though why text at all? Why not phone, or - OMG - write?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

A birthday card doesn't require a thank you or a reply. Don't send card or texts if the only reason to do so is to get a response.  

While it would be nice for people to acknowledge receipt of a card, call, or text, a birthday wish isn't a question or something that requires the other person to respond.  

You are free to ask her anything or feel any way you want to feel.  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

She's preoccupied by the pandemic.  I think you can give her a break.  You're old enough to realize people can and do forget things.  Don't text her.

• Robin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

no just unfriend her

• 1 month ago

If you truly feel slighted by your friend's perceived lack of gratitude, have a conversation and let her know how you feel.  Important to remember, your attitude/behavior is not necessarily going to be shared by others.  While saying 'Thank You' makes sense to you, others may not automatically follow.  If your friend does not thank anyone for birthday greetings/cards, you not receiving a message is not out of the ordinary for her way of thinking.

• 1 month ago

Wait.  Your schedule of when thanks should be offer is not reasonable, especially when you aren't in contact.

• 1 month ago

maybe it got lost in the mail and she never got it

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.