Do beaches have a lot of insects?

I’m thinking about purchasing a beach house but I have a lot of issues with insects.  Mosquitos are okay but horseflies and deer flies are a huge problem. My family used to own a cottage and my phobia prevented me from going outside for entire months. I find that in small towns and open areas the horse flies aren’t nearly as bad as in the thick woods where we stayed. If that’s true, would a beach house be better? Beaches are very open spaces and also tend to be windy which would help keep the bugs away as well. I asked my friend who used to have a beach house in the Philippines and she told me that there were next to no insects there. There’s no point in buying a beach house if I won’t be able to spend time conformably on the beach. Also, are there any countries which have beaches with less insects than others? Any particular cities or regions? Thanks! 

• MS

Some beaches do indeed have insects.  It varies by specific location, so I would research the particular beach you are considering and see what types of insects might be an issue there.  The beach we attend has horse flies and sand fleas.

• Mark

Sand fleas (which aren't fleas at all - they don't bite, but they are EXTREMELY annoying), and gnats, but nothing noxious.

• Nicey8

the beaches have lots of bugs, insects and flying creatures.