Anonymous

Can graduate school students live in dorms?

Some of the larger schools have graduate student housing. And some allow them to live in specific dorms. you'll just have to check with the college. 

Some colleges and universities offer graduate student housing on campus, so yes. Purdue University (which is close to where I was raised) is one example. They have two residence halls for graduate students on the main campus- the Hawkins and Young Graduate Houses. Grad students can also live in the married student housing as well, if they want to.

Some colleges including where I go require one, regardless of classification to be in a dorm 

their first semester. Whether if yours does or will I encourage you to find that out on your own.

If they do try making it known in a roomm8 request so you don't end up with a freshman who stays up all night with their video games and/or music as dorm rooms tend to be quite small.

• MS

At some schools you can and at others you can't.  Some schools barely have enough dorm space for their freshmen, who are generally required to live on campus, and upperclassmen and graduate students must live off campus.  Some schools have designated campus housing/dorms for graduate students.  Some fall in between where regular dorm housing is an option for upperclassmen and graduate students. 

It depends on the university.  Each university has its own policy about who can live in its dorms.

Yes. I lived in graduate student dorms for 5 years although I was technically a post graduate or undergraduate student for a semester and a half.  I was the same age as graduate students in one dorm for 3 years

It was also a married students dorm. 

• DON W

Sam is correct.  It varies from university to university.  Some schools have graduate student housing and others do not.  I suspect it depends on whether the school has sufficient housing for their undergraduates.  If they do not, they are unlikely to devote a dorm to graduate students.

Often large universities have dorms reserved for graduate and/or married students. 

I've never seen a graduate student live in an undergraduate dorm, except as an RA. 

i dont see why not