Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

Why in your opinion is it ok for latinos to say 'brown pride' or blacks to say 'black power' but racist for whites to say 'white power'?

Update:

I saw on the news that Donald Trump tweeted a video where a Trump supporter shouts out 'white power' so thats why i ask.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

White Power has a history surrounding the belief of white supremacy, anti-semitism and neo-nazism.  Black Power has a history surrounding emphasis on racial pride, economic empowerment, and the creation of political and cultural institutions.  Brown Power has a history surrounding advocating rights for Mexican-Americans, stemming from the Civil Rights Movement seeking equality of all minorities.

• 1 month ago

Because Latinos and African-Americans have traditionally been viewed as disadvantaged/oppressed groups, and wanting "power" simply means wanting equality.  Whites are a privileged group so wanting "power" means keeping others oppressed.

• abdul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Because the liberal white people say so. No other reason at all.

• Robin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

what about yellow power for the orientals

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

All three are racists statements.  Yes, non-white people can be racist, and often are.

• 1 month ago

Nobody but us thinks it's OK to say black power but we don't care about that, it's our turn to take the wheel now 

Source(s): BLM
  • 1 month ago

Blacks saying "Black Power" means they are equal to whites.

Whites saying "White Power" means they are superior to blacks. 

• 1 month ago

Just vote Republican. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I think "black power" and "white power" are both wrong. "Brown pride" is fine though. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.