Why can’t I get buzzed or drunk off alcohol ?

I am a regular marijuana smoker, but rarely use alcohol. I have used alcohol probably 2 times a year the past few years. This particular time I felt absolutely nothing but a warm throat and stomach. I took 5 shots of rum and a margarita within 30 minutes, and NOTHING! Why is this happening?

Sounds like you're a heavy weight. It takes a lot for you to get drunk.

Are you being silly or just a moron? Do ten shots then and 5 margarettas. Mix in a few beers. You'll be hammered. Hell drink a six pack of beer. Do 5 margarettas and 12 shots. Of course not all at once. I drink for hours and hours. All day. 

• CB

Ask your doctor. My GUESS is your brain is so messed up it just doesn't register an alcohol buzz.

Whatever the reason & regardless of your age, would take it as a sign not to abuse EITHER 

alcohol or marijuana.

• Sathi

Not buying a word of your story. 🥱

You must have a high tolerance level.  This can be a bad thing because it may lead you to become an alcoholic as you seek to reach that buzz or high. Just be aware of this when/if you decide to press on with drinking more to compensate.