Should we encourage our children to tattle on their siblings, or should we have a snitches get switches policy?

No literal switches, but you know what I mean.

Parenting section

Parenting section

Parenting section

Nobody likes a tattletale because their only reason is to see others get in trouble. The best thing to do is to teach them to be honest. To help each other be accountable. Children learn to lie because they are afraid of getting in trouble, If you teach them that coming out clean is better than finding out the hard way, they will understand. 

For example "Hey you broke mom's vase, I think you need to tell her."

• L

Encourage them to always tell the truth.............no matter what.

• LizB

You should encourage your children to develop their own judgment about this. Being a tattle-tale can be annoying to others, but keeping secrets because you're afraid to go to an adult can lead to children hiding instances where they're being hurt, possibly badly hurt. Kids do need to learn how to handle some of their own problems, but they also need to know that they can always come to a trusted adult when in a situation that they don't know what to do.

I think that encouraging your children to tattle on each other can create a divide between them. Allowing siblings to bond at a young age is great for their relationship later on. I hoped this helped, good luck :)

>[.(.]<

Snîťching can get you hurt if you do it ťô

the wrong person so might be bėśť in allôwîng

such child their own choice's from my PÔV !

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

I wouldn't listen to it and I'd tell them. I'd tell them to work it out. No taddleing or you can sit in your room by yourself all day.

If you are watching your children the way you should be, you'll know who is responsible and you won't have to rely on tattling. 

• edward

There is a proper time and place to tattle.  Example “my brother has a gun!” Would be an appropriate time to tattle. “By brother has a lollipop” not an appropriate time.  You should teach them that there is a proper way to do it

• Lolly

It's stitches and it depends on the situation.

There is a big difference between tattling and reporting a violation of acceptable behavior to an authority figure. In my opinion, neither behavior should be encouraged by an adult.