Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkEthnic Cuisine · 1 month ago

In France what is the type or recipe of cream used in creme brulee?

4 Answers

  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

    Here is the French recipe of the Crème brûlée ( you can translate it with an online translator and for quantities →  

    La Crème brûlée ↓

  • 1 month ago

    It's not about the type of cream used in the custard. It's generally rich, but brûlée is the defining term in the name of the dessert. Crème brûlée is a rich egg custard that is cooled, then sprinkled with (usually castor) sugar that is then melted with a torch so the sugar forms a hard crust over the top of the custard. It's one of my favorite desserts.

  • Goerge
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    Heavy creme is nearly always used in creme brulee. Vanilla bean is preferred over vanilla extract. 

  • 1 month ago

    same as I would use, heavy cream or possibly labeled as whipping cream. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.