Dirac
Dirac asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 1 month ago

Have you noticed how global warming denial relies on casting certain people as "villains"?

I guess it's because if they argue the science they lose, so instead they paint people as villains: Al Gore, James Hansen, Greta Thunberg, George Soros and Michael Mann are usually at the top of their lists.  It's easier to demonize a few people than to learn enough physics to discuss radiative equilibrium, the enhanced greenhouse effect, ocean acidification, the Clausius-Clapeyron relation, etc.

It's amusing that this question was copied by a troll on the denial side, trying to flip the question around. The problem with doing that is that there is a vast amount of scientific evidence for AGW--so we don't need to talk about people at all. It is also funny that he picked Judith Curry, hardly a "villain" to the people I know--she was the co-author of the thermodynamics text we used in my Ph.D. program. He also leaves off all the science at end of the paragraph above--I wonder why?

David's answer has no been copied anonymously to the other question! Can't global warming deniers do any thinking on their own?

• David

Having a few easy to understand enemies is what makes a conspiracy theory a conspiracy theory. It's a prerequisite. Then, rather than discussing a multifaceted, complex, and dynamic issue, they can just talk about a single point of origin. Then all that's left is to look for whatever unconnected ideas they can find for why that point of origin should be discredited, and poof! Issue disappears.  

• JimZ

Exposing liars for lying isn't casting them as villains but then again you believed COMEY.   What a duffus.  Your problem is you chose to believe liars but they support your hate filled leftist agenda.  It isn't science, it is leftism.  Which part of Maurice Strong leading to the formation of the IPCC to push his leftist agenda are you having trouble with?

Dirac.  Koshka.  David.  All the same person.  Why does this guy continue to do this??

• Koshka

Yawn, I was not going to answer this but yes:  '' It's easier to demonize a few people than to learn enough physics.....'' also it is a question of ideology which is related to groupthink which has to do with political affiliation. Independent thinking is frowned upon. What else can one say? Its all about groupthink in the end.

And I WANT AUNT JEMIMA BACK ON MY PANCAKE MIX!!!!!

Nope never noticed. But the climate cult is very anti human, so could be considered evil. Supporters are clearly doing the work of Satan.

No, I haven't noticed that.  I have noticed you posting unsubstantiated claims that are not backed by scientific research.

Have you ever noticed that climate change fanatics call people who say "we can eliminate everyone's carbon footprint and the effect on climate will be a tenth of 1 percent" climate change deniers. 

LOL I know it exists but watch the movie planet of the humans and learn some real facts.

Yes, Al Gore and Bill Nye are their least favorite scientists 😂

Guess you never noticed that the environmentalists cast everyone as a villain who wasn't a pristine greenie.   Even so much that your movement stripped people of their jobs, dislocated families and ruined lives, while the leaders have become very rich off of it.    I remember years ago being in a grocery store and hearing a 6 year old girl tell her mother to not buy styrofoam coffee cups.  It was evident that she was getting that from her formal education.   So, we can pretty much assume that is where you got yours, too.  And to the extent you have no idea of how confused you thinking is.

1.4 deg F in 140 years.