Pokemon heartgold evolution stones!?

I'm trying to get a water stone from the pokeathlon prize exchange but it says I've already bought one today. I bought a fire stone yesterday but today's a new so, why won't it work? It let's my buy apricorns etc but no more stones. Do I have to be further in the game or something? I ladt played it years ago and I was under the assumption I could buy as many as I wanted! I've also tried changing the date on my DS

When you change the date on the DS it automatically resets all time based events. Meaning you have to have a whole day pass naturally. Sometimes two.Also if you have not played Pokémon game in a very long time, I’m not sure how long you will again have to wait a whole day or two for the time based system to reassert itself.

It's probably just a malfunction. The game may have thought that one of the apricorns that you bought was a stone. You should probably just report it as a bug.