Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 month ago

Yahoo is so dead today. Is it because of that error "Your connection is not private" that keeps popping up whenever you try to enter it?

Is that happening to anybody else? I have to change the URL to uk.answers or ca.answers or else that message appears and it doesn't let me enter

• Sam

A lightbulb burnt out at the Yahoo Answers office in Seattle causing someone to trip over the electrical plug on the wall that runs the USA server.

There was only one person in the office today, so they had to call someone in to help. They need two people to unscrew the lightbulb, one to hold the bulb and another to turn the ladder.

They are working on it but no estimated time of repair.

They still have to plug the wire back into the wall outlet but they consider that a union job and neither of the two in the office is authorized.

Please try us again later. Thanks for your patience ;) 

Source(s): Typical Y!A SNAFU

There's always stuff broken here.

Right now, adding photos is also broken.

• RR

It spread to all the international servers but it seems to be OK now.

Yahoo suspending accounts also.......

• .

Yes, that was the reason. I couldn't access the site much of the time on Monday via Chrome, Opera, or Firefox, and when I could access it I could not post or take any action no matter what portal I used (us, uk, in, or ca). 

In regards to your question: you are right about it. That is why I used another Yahoo. So basically, what Weasel McWeasel did.

Generally. there is another problem. It is because there are so many stupid trolls, both asking questions and giving stupid, meaningless answers. who are just insulting and who are not answering the question, because they are unable or unwilling to answer the question.

I was having the same problem yesterday (6/29/2020) now it's working fine.

ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID is the message... and if you look at the cert the problem is obvious. *.answers.yahoo is covered but answers.yahoo isn't covered. . The cert recently was created so we can assume that yahoo replaced an expired cert with one that was broken.

Yep, having the same problem. I have to go to uk answers yahoo to get in. 

• Daniel

A lot of people are having Problems Including me Yahoo may have some Malware on there Servers its something Yahoo is gonna have to Fix

The only thing you can do for now is click on Advance and click on the Proceed anyways Button and Accept the Risks if your using Google Chrome it wont let you do that you may have to Switch to a Different Browser like Mozilla Firefox

Hopefully it will get Straighten out soon and we wont have that Issue anymore but until that Happens that's what were gonna have to do