mario asked in SportsCycling · 1 month ago

Can I sue a bicycle repair shop ?

Hi I decided to take a old bike out of the garage I noticed the pedal was loose,so I took it in to a Bike repair shop on the 27th of June they charged me 178$ for a new crank used same old pedals and today June 28th while taking the bike for 6 mile a ride I noticed the same pedal is loose but on the new crank. What can I do I feel ripped off

5 Answers

  • Carlos
    Lv 4
    2 weeks ago

    Small claims court is possible but get a work invoice sheet of repair  and what you asked for and what recommended service was needed , if they suggested that you get newer pedals with a new crank and you refused service then its all on you .

    But just take it back to the bicycle shop and get a new pedal that is fitted with the crank and maybe there is other parts as chain and oil since it's not used in awhile .

  • 1 month ago

    How do we know the pedals weren't faulty also?  If you had the bike shop reinstall the old pedals & refused to buy new ones, you're screwed.  

  • D50
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

    Have you taken the bike back to the shop and complained? If you haven't tried to deal with this without a lawsuit the court won't be interested. It sounds like the crank was no good so they replaced it. It would help if you could be more exact about what the problem was. "Pedal was loose" seems very vague.

  • 1 month ago

    Did you ask for an invoice of the work that was done on the bike?  If replacing the pedals wasn't in the repair invoice then you don't have much of a case. 

    Source(s): Motorized Bicycle Owner and Builder.
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

    You can take them to small claims court.  BTW...the dollar sign goes in FRONT, not the back.  $178 - not 178$. order to win, you must prove by a preponderance of evidence it was their fault.  In other words, you need a 2nd opinion from a certified bike mechanic or shop they did something wrong.  And IN WRITING on stationary or a work order form with the 2nd shop's name, address & phone number.  No judge in this world will simply take your word for it.  You have to prove it.  Haven't you ever watched one of those TV shows - like "The People's Court"?   

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.