Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsCycling · 1 month ago

how do people usually feel when their bicycle is stolen?

Is it weird that I am really upset?  I am obsessed with exercise, and walking/running isn't my thing.  Riding is as important as sex for me.  It makes me feel good and refreshed.  I am so heart broken that my bike was stolen and I can't get a new one because all the bike shops are sold out with no new shipments expected until late September. 

• pmt853

I was livid. Mine was locked to a Sheffield stand with a quality D lock which had been smashed off with a rock. I actually saw the thief riding off with my bike, but he was faster on my bike than I was on foot. Absolutely furious. At least I had decent insurance so got the cash for an equally nice replacement. 

• D50

I've had one bike stolen when locked and 3 or 4 stolen out of the garage. I find it really infuriating. I blame myself for being too trusting, but it's not my fault.

Terrible. The tragedy is that in the olden days one could leave a bike anywhere, unlocked, & it would always be there when you got back. Report it to the cops.

There be severe penalty by the law because it could cause big problems.        

See if can find used one, on Craigslist. For now.

I wouldn't know.  Never had one stolen because I use good locks.  

Why would it be weird that you're upset?  I'd be more than upset.  I'd be furious.