Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 1 month ago

My bf is always late ?

What to do when your bf is late. When I’m waiting for him he’s usually Ubering. I have asked him countless times to let me know if he is at least an hour away so I show up later to our meeting spot. I have told him I’m proud of him earning money and I support him 100% but if ur an hour away or more just let me know. He still makes me wait. This is the only issue and I don’t want to break up. Are there ways of fixing it ? Should I just leave if he’s taking longer than an hour? 

• Kim R

This is an arrogant person who does not value your time or you. When it happens over and over, it proves his narcissism. The only way to change it is NOT to wait for him. If he does not arrive somewhere at a time that you both agreed to within10 minutes, then you should LEAVE and go about your day. It's like training a dog, in a way; you should not reward him for bad behavior because he will repeat it and never change. At least this way, if you do not wait for him, you will show him that he has to be responsible or there will be consequences. If he cares about you at all, he will make an effort to change; if he doesn't care, he won't change and that's a sure sign to dump him and find someone who does care about your feelings.

Source(s): Dr. Phil.

He's with someone else

I don't think it's worth getting upset about. Just give him a time that is earlier than when you actually want to meet. He'll be late for THAT, but be on time for you. 

What does this have to do with Personal Finance?

WTF does this have to do with Personal Finance?

• A

If he does not have the courtesy to let you know he is going to be an hour late, I would not have the courtesy of waiting more than 20 minutes nor would I have the courtesy to let him know,  see how well he likes it

Tell him the arrival time but set it 30 minutes earlier. I did the same for my assignments because I used to procrastinate and get things late. Now, I never get things late.

It is a win-win for you, either you tell him the time to arrive but make it 30 minutes earlier so he is on time or he gets there earlier than you and needs to wait, so he understands how you feel and will probably be on time next time.

I don’t know if it’s available on android phones but on iPhones, you can share your location with friends. So have him share his location with you so that you know when he’s near. 

• Orla

It'd awfully hard fixing inconsiderate.  Maybe it's an immaturity thing..is he young ?  Good luck !  

unrelated to personal finance and I just don't give a phuck.