How to clean up a big spill quickly?

I’m house sitting for a friend and brought all my damn dishes over to use her dishwasher. Well, I forgot to close the damn door and now there is dishwater all over the damn house. How the hell can I clean the hell out of this damn place in ten minutes or less? Would some damn paper towels work? Or if I just leave it will it go away and I can pretend it didn’t happen? Like damn this is bad as hell. Thanks.

• Edwena

It is easier to leave the mess and lose a friend.  If you are going to lose a friend, be sure and go through all of her stuff to find something that you want.  Also, look for any secrets so you will have something to use against her if she gives you any trouble.

• Snezzy

Her i Norge vi har mange troll, men ingen av dem vet hvordan man bruker oppvaskmaskinet. So it's not possible for you to be one of them. Kanskje neste uke har du et bedre spørsmål. One that's actually worth answering.

Besides you needed an answer in ten minutes, so we are all far too late.

• L

Most dishwashers will NOT run if the door is not closed and locked.  Anyway, lay down tons of towels until there is no more water left.  You just can't leave it that way.....how would feel if someone did this to you?

Although a towel can undoubtedly deal with littler spills, a more significant spill will make them spread the liquid around. A little bit of flour can retain the fluid and make the spill a lot simpler to contain. 

There is most likely some flour in your kitchen, regardless of whether you cook a lot or not. Flour is a thickening operator, included intensely of starch, and it assimilates the water out of whatever liquid you've spilled everywhere. In case you're without giving it much thought, flour can also shield the spill from spreading. Simply drop a scoop of it onto the spill, press the flour into the liquid a bit, and gather up what's left.

A dishwasher will not start when the door is not properly closed.

In any case they use very little water: nowhere near enough to get water “all over the damn house”.

And if you truly did have just ten minutes to clear up, there’s no way you’d waste time on here and no way to do it in so little time.Y!A rules forbid me to call you a troll but others can make their own judgment.

Just use tea towels or regular towels.

yea trollie, they have a safety switch and don’t work unless the door is closed

you need someone to tell you how to mop up water? I have been installing them for over 40 years and they all have that safety switch