is it true self-taught can get a job in a company?

Hi,

I want to know guys is it true that anyone can learn online something (self-taught) like web development , design ... and can get a job in a company without a degree ?

Please Guys help me <3

Yes! Definitely! Just be determined in studying. :)

• Scott

Sure, as long as you have the necessary experience.

I was hired out of HS in a family distribution company selling specialized tools.  I never knew at that time there were such companies.  The same would apply to a lumber company, electrical supply, welding supply; medical supply etc.  In time I moved on to a much larger company eventually became an outside salesman.  With a coworker, also a HS grad we formed a competitive sales organization.  Sold it 20 years later to 2 HS grad long time employees.  There are jobs requiring college and those like me that prefer “on the job raining.”  We were very dedicated, quick learners with a interest in Sales. Had a goal to own our own firm and accumulated the funds for it to happen.  Not necessarily for everyone but it worked for us.  Good luck.

• Judy

most of the time no.

It depends on the company doing the hiring. Some require a 4 year degree. In those cases, your self teaching is meaningless.