Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 2 months ago

Do video game developers only care about the money?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

No, but The Company Heads do.

• Albert
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Most likely. Come again, since apparently you can make crap people will still buy in droves.

• 1 month ago

They wanna live and they don,t mean any thing else,but news is some thing also.

• 1 month ago

You talking the actual developers right, cause when a deadline is put in place to fund the project, many developers will rush work, which is not their fault.

Devs actually CARE ABOUT THE WORK, it's the big 3 who care about money.

This is what is Wrong with the videogame industry these days, which is why what happened to "Naughty Dog" a bunch of crap.

I've been a fan of their work for ages and when they had to push the release of "Last of Us 2", someone leaked a **** ton of info which didn't effect Sony as much as it did the Devs.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Half of them care for other things more than money, but the other half only cares about money. Here's a pie chart if you didn't understand.

Attachment image
  • 1 month ago

Of course. Don't you do your job for the money?

• 1 month ago

YES... ALL businesses care about money.  That is what keeps them in business and money coming in.

• 2 months ago

it really depends on both the company and the people making the game itself. theres usually a mixed bunch as there always will be.

• Will
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Some do and some don't. However there is a difference between only caring about money and wanting to make money to continue to improve the experience. I would say Infinity Ward is more focused on using the money they make through microtransactions to improve the experience of Modern Warfare. Illfonic is a small team compared to developers like Infinity Ward and will likely add microtransactions to Predator Hunting Grounds in order to continue to improve the game with more content. 

• 2 months ago

Yes they probably do. Sony, Microsoft and now Nintendo charge you to access online multiplayer. That proves my point. They want money money money.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.