Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 2 months ago

This pregnancy scare is ruining me. I need help?

I know I’ve been ranting a lot about this scare on this website. I’m about 15-18 days late and I never skipped a period before. I become sexually active and suddenly my period does not show up! At this point, I’m going crazy because I really don’t want to be a mother since I’m 18 and immature. I will most definitely not have sex for a while after this experience if I get my period. The only four times that I had intercourse with my boyfriend has always been with a condom. People do the pull out method or don’t pull out and don’t get knocked up. I know condoms are not 100% effective but it’s better than nothing. Now I’m here losing my mind over this while my marine boyfriend is out in the field without a phone for a week. I took a pregnancy test today (first urine of the day) and it was negative. I have a phone appointment with a Gynecologist on Tuesday. I really don’t know the reason why I’m late besides stress or me actually being pregnant. I always been regular. I have anxiety and I’ve been getting headaches everyday because of this ordeal. My boobs have been sore for three days. When I started to feel better about the situation, the nurse from kaiser told me on the phone that it’s possible that I could be pregnant because sometimes the hormones don’t show in the urine test. I will literally fall into depression if I’m pregnant. Idk what I would do. Adoption is a no and abortion is a maybe but I don’t think I have the guts to do it. I really don’t want a child rn. 

I will stop posting about this situation. The thing I will be doing is updating once I start my period or when I get my results for anyone who is dealing with the situation or for just anyone who cares. Thank you to everyone who took their time to give me advice. It’s been hard for me but I’m going to start thinking positive thoughts xx

I got my period today

• Edna

4 days ago, you told us that you have taken 5 pregnancy tests and they've all been negative. You  also told us that you've taken a pregnancy test at a doctor's office, and it too was negative.  Late period or not: How much more proof do you need to convince you that you're NOT pregnant?

Looking at your other questions, you had a negative blood test.

You are not pregnant.

Stress alone is enough to make your periods late. Ask any college student who has stressed out about exams, a major term paper due or a missed period. Just relax and your period will come if you aren't pregnant. If you're going to be sexually active, you need TWO forms of birth control (one that YOU control such as the pill or an IUD). A condom alone isn't good enough.

Jay,

I care about you, and, I am taking the time to comment on your question because I do. So, please know that before you read on. I am so sorry that you feel you can't talk to anyone. I will do my best to give you a good answer. But as a mom who has raised children myself, I do want to say to you that having sex when you are single is a dangerous thing to do, because even the best birth control can, and often does, fail. I wish your parents had tried to teach you to have moral standards that would have protected you from this situation. God didn't create humans to have sex casually outside of marriage, but rather designed marriage to be a lifelong comitment to protect human family life in all areas but predominantly emotionally. The times that we are living in, people generally take a super casual attitude to that, and they engage in casual sex like it is normal to do just because everyone else seems to do it, and TV and internet promote it like it's normal. It may seem "normal", but evidence shows that we still have ALL of the problems that spring from that casual attitude, predominantly emotional issues, unwanted pregnancy, and sexually transmitted diseases happening like crazy, on this earth. Having said that, I will answer your question:Yes, you very well could be pregnant with negative tests, but whether or not you are, you need to understand that you are too young and too inexperienced to continue to have sex, so even if you are not pregnant, if you have learned THAT lesson from this scare, please, please make better choices regarding your life.Please also realize that a boyfriend having sex with an 18 year old who was recently a virgin, has no REAL concern for you, or he would't have and wouldn't still be, pushing you into that set of circumstances, so please get that memo now and make better choices for yourself in your life, especially your sex life.  If you are pregnant, please do not have an abortion. You will never cope well emotionally with that decision if you do. It is best to look into either raising your child yourself, or giving it up for adoption. God views human life as a real person before they are even formed so He also views abortion as murder.  (Psalms 139:16 says Your eyes even saw me as an embryo; All its parts were written in your book regarding the days when they were formed, before any of them existed. Deuteronomy 5:17- You must not murder.)You feel that you may not be pregnant because you used a condom, you need to understand that the reason you could be pregnant is that millions of sperm live in the very tiny first drop, or drops of moisture from your boyfriend. People often mistakingly believe that it doesn't have that much sperm thinking it is simply moisture, but nothing coming from a male's body is "simply moisture", it always has sperm in it, lots of sperm. people are often not too careful about how much they play before the condoms come out, and then they are exposed to those first drops in a way that can very easily cause pregnancy. Good chances are that YOU are here on this planet as the by product of using some form of birth control, perhaps even a condom. You might find things like that out if you did talk to your parents. Two of my children were "surprises" from using a birth control. Birth was not designed by our human creator, to be prevented. As I said before, I care about you personally. Keep me posted on your circumstances and let's take this one day at a time. Don't get too worried until there is a reason to worry, because you will know soon.  I will be here for you to talk to and will hope for the best outcome for you. If you decide that you do not want my ear, then I wish you the very best and and would like to share the website below, it has excellent advice for all people for free, but I think especially for teens who want direction and good advice, some of the articles are incredible! But remember that I am here for you, and I REALLY do care about you!Here's the web address for some of those articles I told you about:https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/teenagers/as... care :o)

• Cammie

You say you decided to become sexually active but nothing about birth control.

Forget the positive thoughts and stress. Use birth control and practice safe sex in the future.

If you are pregnant you have a choice to make.1- Keep it 2-adoption 3- abortion.You want to pick the best choice for you and for the embryo .Remember how you feel now , in the future.Remember birth control !

• ?

Probably not at this point a store tests should show up positive. My last pregnancy I had a positive tests 4 days before I was even late. Sometimes you can just have a random long cycle. It’s happened to me where it was like 40 days between periods, like super random. Was trying to get pregnant so it was super frustrating. Just wait for your period and get on birth control, your good! 

• LizB

If there's an AnyLabTestNow or similar lab in your area, you can go pay for a hCG blood test and get your results in 24-72 hours. Most AnyLabTestNow locations are open on Saturdays (though may close early), and the test usually costs $49. Insurance won't cover it since it's not doctor-ordered. If you can't afford to pay that much, you'll just have to wait until Tuesday when you see your OBGYN.

BUT, all of that said, over 90% of women who are actually pregnant will see a positive by 14DPO, which is when you typically would expect your period to start. If you're still getting negatives after such a long delay, it's more likely you're just having a weird cycle. It happens to most people occasionally, even if you're typically very regular.

If you are 15 to 18 days late on your period and you get a negative result, you very likely are not pregnant.  There are lots of reasons for a late period other than being pregnant.  If you go see your doctor next week they'll almost certainly do a blood test.  if that comes back negative at this point, YOU ARE NOT PREGNANT.

• helene

"I never skipped a period before" 

Well, you have now."I always been regular."

Well, now you aren't. But so what? Your pregnancy tests are negative.

Look, just stop it. This is nothing more than a self-induced fear fit. Talk to your gynecologist on Tuesday and quit spamming this section like a crazy person.