Is there any way to sound-proof a dorm room?

I live in moved into my University's summer dorms so that I could have faster internet connection and a quiet space for my meetings and classes.

Ironically, I am on the top floor with neighbors who blast their bass-heavy stereo ALL day (literally). So I have been crying over the fact that I cannot have quietness when I am trying to study. I had terrible roommates last semester that were loud so I think my ability to get work done with noise gets me anxious.

I have already told my RA and front desk and all they say is: "Just call us and we will knock on their door to tell them to be quieter" Obviously it does not work if they are still doing it. 

I am so tempted to move out and rent an apartment but that will empty my pockets. Besides playing music in my headphones 24/7, is there any way to sound-proof my dorm room floors/windows? I need help.

*My neighbors live on the 4th floor and I live on the 6th floor

• G R

Have you gone down to talk to these kids and ask them to turn their music down, if not you need to.  Have you checked the dorm rules in regards to noise there is likely a time like between 8am and 10pm that noise needs to be kept down.

How many times have you gone to the RA and reported these kids?  If it is more then once go to the RA's supervisor and file a complaint.

Change dorm rooms.

maybe you can complain to the police about it