Who do you think is the greatest rapper from the east coast?

Any rapper(s) from the Northeast (e.g. New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Newark, etc.)

• Wokaz

Nas is the greatest rapper of all time in my opinion. Elite lyrical ability, a GOAT album, longevity in the rap game, mainstream success, and mentioned as a major influence to many future greats. Jay-Z manages these too but I feel not to the same degree as Nas has apart from the mainstream success part.

• 20 hours ago

What criteria is used to determine the "Greatness" of a rapper?

Although, Guru (RIP) has always been my fav.  I think KRS 1 embodies what hip-hop is all about the most of any rapper, so I give it to him based off of that alone.  I know he's not the most lyrically appealing, but rap is more than just clever lyrics and punchlines.

Iamtherealak  Find him on youtube as easily as you can find oxygen.  He is from New Jersey.  

• Andy

Ed Sheeran, he's from Suffolk on the East Coast, check out his rap on Sing, he kills it. 

East Coast has to be Jay Z. 

Westside Gunn and Griselda are the best rappers from the east coast right now.

• blank

my favroite east coast Rapper is nas.

👎 Have always preferred Westcoast rappers.