Where to find outdated used books?

• Zirp

Post a note in your local newspaper or supermarket. Chances are people will bring them to you for free

• Ludwig

Easily the best way to find old books:

https://www.bookfinder.com/

Try alibris.com 

• Gonzo

abebooks and amazon are good bets

• John

Outdated?  

Do you mean books other people no longer want.

Homer's The Odyssey is 2,600 years old as a story, but as people are still using its story lines, and is still a top seller it is not outdated :-))  

I use Ebay for sourcing my old books, and depending on your Country, UK/USA Charity/Thrift shops are ideal.  Many less developed Countries still have thriving 2nd hand bookstalls at markets.  

I came across a book called 'English Historical Documents Vol VIII' in a Charity shop here in Blighty.  It was priced more than I usually pay at £7, but on the principle I wouldn't see another I bought it.   

A quick check on Ebay and Abe Books told me they normally sell for £100+ and Vol II sells around £350.  I have a permanent search for them on Ebay and have bought most of the set for no more than £20 each.  

I do Historical research and they are invaluable, because they contain source documents normally kept in Museums and libraries not accessible to me?

Good luck searching for Old books, some are unexpected brilliant reads :-))

PS I just recently read '500 years of Printing' by S.H. Steinberg I had had it on my bookshelves this past 15 years, it was published by Pelican books in 1955 for the anniversary of the Gutenberg Bible.  It's one of the best reads I've ever had, and certainly not out of date lolz

You can discover old books in the book stalls near educational institutions. In kolkata, we get those old books in the college street and golpark. There are book stalls for these old books. In Esplanade of Kolkata, I get old books. 

I'm not sure what you mean by "outdated", but old books in general can be found in library sales, in second-hand bookshops, in charity shops, at church jumble sales, in local garage sales, and of course on Amazon and e-bay.

Used book stores,  online,  free little libraries,  friends,  rummage sales,  etc.

• Speed

Goodwill and Salvation Army stores and similar thrift stores.

Garage and estate sales.

Little Libraries people build for free book exchanges.

Real libraries' used book sales.

Since you're specifically seeking outdated books, I'm wondering if these are for craft purposes rather than reading. If that's the case, garage sale prices are often the lowest.

Other than an actual library? Pretty much anything can be found online.