Anyone knows who painted this?

I’ll attach the signature. Thanks.

Racist, why was he not black

• John

Looks like decent student work for a few reasons. Nice picture, probably not $16,000. But you never know....

• Speed

You might want to spend some time at https://artistssignatures.com/ seeking that signature. As you probably have already discovered, jesters in harlequin are a very popular subject for painters.

I thought the initials might be those of the American artist Henry James but the letters don't look like his compared to his signature. If you think it may be of some value I suppose you could send some up-close photos to some appraiser to find out. When my mother passed away my sister and I came across three small frame watercolors that she had. They turned out to be valuable and they sold at Christie's in New York for $16,000.

I don't have any idea who painted that.

Signature of painting