Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetOther - Internet · 1 month ago

I'm 65 years old and I lived in the backwoods for the passed 35 years. How do I get wireless internet service in the city?

I've had to come back to the city and long story short I need to set up wireless internet in a house. I have no idea. Do you just call the company and they send a guy like with cable TV or do I have to buy things and hook them all up myself?

And if so, what and how?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Ha HA HA HA HA.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes, you call an ISP (internet service provider) to set up a wireless connection in your house. Ask your cable company first. Some cable companies offer both cable TV and internet at the same time in one account.

• Lv 7
    1 month ago

cable or phone company should give good speeds in town.

• Bill-M
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

First you have to find out if there is such a service where you live.  Not likely.

There are places that provide public WIFI Service, but it is not reliable.

You need to contact a local Internet Service Provider and see what they offer.

Internet is Normally delivered to your home via CABLE.  Either the Telephone Cable, TV Cable, or Fiber Optic Cable.  In the City it is more likely the TV Cable.

All you need is to contact your ISP and he will provide you with a MODEM/ROUTER that is connected to the TV Cable.   The Router will have WIFI (Wireless) so you can connect your devices.  Or you can connect to the Router by Ethernet Cable directly to a PC.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • A
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

ask your neighbors who they have for internet provider, if you live in an apartment it might already be wired.  You can also look online for providers, compare plans and pick one, you will usually have to make a 2 year commitment

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.