YouTube Copyright Claim?

I've made an instrumental to a song that I enjoy listening to quite a lot. I feel very proud of it and uploaded it on YouTube because I thought it sounded pretty identical except I'm still missing a few noticeable sounds. As I went to upload, I noticed that I had a copyright claim notification. Is this bad? It does say that it cannot be monetized and that I should either mute the audio or replace it. I made the song from scratch so I'm not really quite sure what to do

• Lv 7

it is based on a copyrighted song, which you need permission from thecowner to do.

I'm afraid, my friend, that if you didn't obtain written confirmation that you can distribute the instrumental that you did from the authorised copyright holder(s), then you'll have to 'suck it up' and accept that the copyright holder(s) don't want you to upload your version of the song.

If you fail to adhere to the copyright violation notice you COULD find yourself in court, fighting a copyright violation offence, if the copyright holder(s) want to make an example of you.