Same repetitive negative thoughts going to sleep?

I delay going to sleep and do anything else but try to because I get sleep inertia in the morning every morning without fail even if I sleep healthily and i get the same repetitive negative emotions and hounding thoughts of the past and the present over and over and over again every night before I sleep. Because I just can’t. It disrupts my entire discipline for things day to day. Because I can’t get up or fall asleep. Sometimes I comfort eat and want to watch films very late and most nights I fall asleep between 12-2am and wake up between 8am-12pm. It varies day to day and I don’t know what to do about this anymore. Nobody wants to help

Update:

I’m in very good general health physically and emotionally 22 year old in good shape but mentally I’m just not with it at all anymore

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

sounds like anxiety--journal all those thoughts--like dumping them out on paper so you don't have to think about them---then try some eft tapping videos for sleep (youtube) it looks silly as hell-but it does work! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fttXRgQtaY

Youtube thumbnail

&list=WL&index=2&t=0sand then if you let that one end it will go to her next one on staying asleep and not waking up throughout the night.

the more you do it-the better it works.

and there are some deep sleep relaxing music videos that might help.

• 3 months ago

This sounds like something you should speak to someone you trust about. If you’re struggling with something, identifying the problem & reaching for help are the two best things to do. I wish you the absolute best to get past these obstacles, it’ll get better. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.