Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 months ago

Is God warlike or peaceful?

God is warlike:

The Lord is a man of war. Exodus 15:3

He teacheth my hands to war. Psalm 18:34

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

God is peaceful :

The God of Peace Romans 15:33, Hebrews 13:20

God is not the author of confusion but of peace. 1 Corinthians 14:33

The God of love and peace. 2 Corinthians 13:11

The Lord of peace himself give you peace always. 2 Thessalonians 3:16

I have brought up the subject of violence in the OT. Christians respond with," christ came to make a new covenant with heaven, in the NT". But they would address the matter of OT violence and genocide.

There's also a lot of "you can't judge god ", responce when  bringing up negative passages in the bible.

Source(s): "The OT shows us a God when he was young. The NT shows him much later--after he got religion" Mark Twain
  • ?

The entirety of the Old Testament was wartime. Jesus came and made the peace.

Depends on what kind of nation

• Kin

What makes you think that God is "warlike"? This is NOT a Quality of God and very very wrong to say God is "warlike", whoever said this to you lied to you maliciously and slandered about God Almighty. It is as if you are saying God is NOT peaceful. God is All-Peaceful, and that is one of His Perfect Qualities that He gave to Himself and revealed to mankind. God is Most Just, Most Merciful, Most Peaceful, Master of Judgement Day and God is the Avenger those who do injustice to His creation.

If someone strives to be both, they're warlike.

Source(s): I mean, everyone's happy being peaceful when things are the way they want. The only meaningful definition of being peaceful is to not even resort to war when you're desperate.

So you believe in the whole Bible. I don't. I follow Christ.

• Sean

God is both perfectly. It is like how can mercy and justice work? In our perspective, the two rarely have a good outcome when functioning together, but the way God does it, he is 100% merciful while at the same time being 100% just. In the scriptures, when God's wars and wrath is poured out, it is important to also look for the signs of why he is doing it. He isn't just doing it to do it, but has a purpose. That purpose speaks to his character, and that character is peaceful. So try to see why someone would go to war for peace, and then look to see if that's what God does.

god is pieceful with believers and warlike with nonbelievers