What happens if I donate my Xbox 360 with red ring of death to goodwill?

You go to a special place in Hell for being such a douche!

THAT won't go well.

Some idiot will buy it for a few dollars, then they will attempt to fix it using the washer or whatever trick, and it might work for a few minutes. So then they will trade it to gamestop and make a few dollars profit.. 

You have less stuff in your storage/house/etc. In coronavirus its unlikely anyone would buy it in 2 months, maybe in 6 months maybe.

Its their problem now. 

They'll take it off you hands no danger. I often bring in bags of old clothes and have on occasion hidden some old rubbish and crap in the middle.

Source(s): I am a area manager at Walmart

Either they'll take it and someone will find out that its useless, or they won't accept it due to it being defective. 

Good Will would have it and you wouldn’t.

If they’re like any other their stores, I can promise you they won’t check as there’s usually too much things to go through to do a proper check.

They'll probably end up tossing it since I'd hope they send it somewhere to do technical checks and maintenance on it before attempting to sell it again.

Then Goodwill will have that device, and you won't.