Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsDiabetes · 2 months ago

Does it mean I have diabetes if I shake if I didn’t have anything to eat?

I haven’t eaten since yesterday at like 8pm and it’s now 4pm. I’m shaking like crazy because I haven’t eaten anything yet and I’m starving. I’m currently snacking but I’m still hungry and am about to eat. Could it mean I have diabetes if I’m shaking?

Anyone can suffer from low blood sugar if they don't eat.  The only way to check for diabetes is a blood test.  But what I've read that's not a symptom of diabetes.

Your body kind of gets used to eating regularly. Obviously after 20 hours you aren't starving, but your body is used to getting food regularly. The shaking is from low blood sugar.

i know someone with diabetes and if she has not eaten much her sugar drops and feels week and dizzy

• Tavy

No, it's low blood sugar.

• Eva

Diabetes is not the same as low blood sugar. What you have is low blood sugar.

• Andy C

No.  For most people, that's normal.  Hypoglycemia does it every time.

You just reach hypoglycemia easier than average.

Diabetes can cause hypoglycemia, but the most common cause is starvation.