Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOptical · 2 months ago

My glasses hurt my nose, bother my eyes, and give me a headache. However, my optometrist says that my prescription is fine. What should I do?

your eyes has to get used to / adjust to the new glasses give it about another wk or so if not ! then  your eye doctor has to change your prescription bc they’re too strong . 

They probably just need to be adjusted. If you are new to wearing glasses it can take awhile to get use to them. Get them readjusted and you will likely be fine. Even though you are getting headaches and if the optometrist says they are fine you just need to get use to wearing them all the time! More than often when people get glasses and if it seems like they don't do much if its a weaker prescription, as long as they are for distance it is best to wear them all the time anyways. It is a good habit to put on your glasses when you first get up and wear them till you go to bed. Your headaches will likely go away in no time!

• Nicey8

Find another optometrist.

• Sandy

Have whoever made the glasses check them for you.

It might be that the prescription is fine but the way the glasses are adjusted to "fit your face" may need to be looked at.

go see another optometrist

Get a second opinion, to start with.

The thing is, you should be looking for the cause of the headaches and bothered eyes. The nose thingy just might mean an adjustment