Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetOther - Internet · 2 months ago

Will turning off the TV mess up a firestick?

My sister has a firestick and won’t turn her TV off at night and leaves it on all day, saying it will mess the firestick up if she turns it off. Is this true?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Females always think stupid things. Get an universal remote and turn it off from a hidden location. Might as well drive her crazy and have fun at the same time!

• 4 weeks ago

What the heck?! No, it wouldn’t. The Firestick has  a separate power system thingy, what I mean is the tv shouldn’t turn off the firestick

• 1 month ago

Sometimes the firesticks will freeze up and you can't even go into settings to reset it.  In those cases I unplug my firestick then plug it back in to reset it.  However, turning off your TV doesn't mess up the firestick.

• Sumi
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No.  The TV being on or off has no affect on the Firestick at all.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

The fire stick will not be affected by the TV. The fire stick has it’s own power source and will only turn off if that power source is turned off e.g. someone turns off a wall outlet.

• 2 months ago

Completely false. The FireStick will not be affected if the TV is turned off. I have a FireStick that I don't use often and have never had any issues with it it if my TV is off.

• 2 months ago

No way will that ever happen. I have had a firestick for years, and everything is still working just fine.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No, it isn't true.

• k w
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

sounds defective, and better find out, b4 the warranty expires....

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.