Licorice asked in HealthOther - Health · 7 months ago

When can we stop social distancing and wearing masks and all that bullshit?

Given there wouldn't be another wave of this virus (hopefully) I would say, the end of this year.

Sorry!

• Edna

We've already stopped wearing masks and social distancing in Texas. On May 1, the Governor of Texas lifted almost all corona virus restrictions and recommendations. The remainder were lifted on May 22.  We've seen almost no new cases of corona virus in this state since May 1. 

When herd immunity is achieved, hopefully through mass vaccination and not widespread infection. When the virus has been brought under control, as was the case in countries like China, Cuba, and Vietnam. Or when if the virus mutates into a less infective or harmful strain, such as what happened with SARS and MERS.

If you continue to express this belief that the coronavirus will not strike you, make your will so people will know how to dispose of your body. Friday Wall Street Journal says there may be 100,000 more deaths from CONVID-19 by autumn. The wearing of mask protects you and others from the virus.Johnson & Johnson has a new vaccine that is being rushed in testing to become available by year's end. Choose to wear disposable gloves when touching objects at Post Office, supermarkets, etc. I am 85 and in excellent condition for my age, yet I made a will and thumb-tacked it to the wall of my apartment.

harraldharrald

• Andy C

So glad you think that public safety is BS.  You win the much-esteemed Y!A Douchebag of the World award!

Congratulations!

All that BS is keeping your folks and friends from getting the virus.  And the sooner you wake up to reality, that the virus is not going away, the better.  Put that mask on and stand your distance, and save your family and friends from having to go through the terrible throes of the COVID-19 virus.  And remember, with the COVID-19 you don't have to feel sick to be sick and transmit that virus to anyone you come into contact with.

When the government decides. As big a pain as it is, everyone needs to cooperate for a speedier recovery. 

• ?

theyre liable to keep that going through the 1st part of next year imo ...

No one's stopping me, who's stopping you?