Leaving desktop and monitor in car.?

Would it be fine to put a desktop in with a water cooled cpu and a monitor in a car that will be in the sun for an afternoon? I am worried it might ruin it. I am assuming the temperature will be over 100 F in the car.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Shadow
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Leaving it in a car will be fine provided that it is out of sight, so it doesn't get stolen, and out of direct sunlight, which shouldn't be a problem as car windows filter UV light and if the PC is out of sight then it'll be out of sunlight too.

• nilan
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

I think it will not harm if it not burned, you will working with pc under the component heating more than 100F. pls don't worry and , keep it out in sunlight. UV is not safe to protection of the Materials of M/B

• 2 months ago

Any reason why you can't cover everything up?

• 2 months ago

If you have to do it, put the computer somewhere that it won't be exposed directly to sunlight. Use those reflective sun shields on the glass if you can. They're cheap and sold just about anywhere you can get automotive supplies.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Lv 7
    2 months ago

let it get room temp before power on.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Run the desktop inside a car? No problem as long as the car's aircon is at full blast. Otherwise, you'll have a fried motherboard before you can even finish booting.

• Me2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Vehicle internal temperatures can soar in direct sunlight, certainly more than enough to damage many materials.  Temperatures over 170°F (77°C) have been observed.  If you MUST store the equipment in the vehicle, leave all windows down about one inch, and cover all glass with heat reflective "sun shields".

• P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It should be just fine. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.