Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 months ago

Do only Christians go to heaven?

What about a really nice Hindu man?  What about a very caring Buddhist woman?  What about all the nice, good people in the world who weren't Christian?  Do you really believe they all go to hell?  What kind of God would do that? That makes no sense and anyone who believes that is retarded IMHO.  

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago
    Favourite answer

I agree - God chooses people of all religions to go to heaven and even those who are not affiliated 

• Paul
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

The one Church Jesus Christ founded, which He said was to remain one, to which He promised the fullness of God's truth until the end of time, doesn't make any statements about who will go to Heaven and who will not, because we cannot read God's mind, and therefore we just don't know, and neither does anyone else.

• Dr. D
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

There is a variety of positions on who may go to heaven. Some Christians believe only Christians go to heaven, while others believe that non-Christians with a pure heart can also go to heaven. There are even some Christians who believe the vast majority of people go to heaven, simply by the love and mercy of a forgiving God. 

• Wundt
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Different Christians have different conceptions of what leads to admittance to paradise.  Catholics tend to emphasize "good works" while most Protestant denominations push salvation through "belief."  I would agree that the idea that a non-Christian who has spent their life doing good is bound for Hell while a mass murderer who 'finds God' before their death is rewarded with Heaven is just ridiculous.  

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

Nobody goes to heaven and neither to hell, people always need to put a flag on everything that exists to feel theirs.

• 7 months ago

Yes, only followers of Jesus the Christ. Jesus is the Truth, the Life, the Light, the Door, and the Way. No one comes to the Father except by way of the Son. (John 14:6)

• yesmar
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

I wouldn't say something as harsh as "retarded", but greatly mistaken, for sure.  First, I don't think we "go to heaven", but that aside, no, it's not only people who claim the title, or religion, of "Christian", who will receive eternal life. Everybody who has a good heart, everybody that goes down the road of "love" instead of "hate", everybody that has had a shred of decency, and everybody that God deems is redeemable somehow, will be quite surprised when they meet Jesus and he says, "welcome".

Source(s): Jesus follower
  • 7 months ago

Yes, I'm afraid only Jesus Christ's followers go to heaven.  This is because Jesus Christ is God, and there is salvation in no other person, for there is no other name under heaven, given amongst men, whereby we must be saved (Acts 4:12).  Jesus Christ died on the Cross to get our sins forgiven, so if we could get to heaven by rejecting Christ's sacrifice for our sins, and going through the Hindu false gods or Buddha, then Christ died for nothing.  Jesus Christ is the WAY, the TRUTH and the life AND no man comes unto the Father BUT BY HIM (John 14:6).

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Fourtinately nobodys going since its mythology 

• ?
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Nobody really knows what happens after death; but many religions have developed a mythology to explain what happens.  

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

well according to that guy the only way to go to heaven and avoid hell is believing in the lord jesus christ so yeah they will all go to hell

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.