Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationOther - Games & Recreation · 5 months ago

my family wants me to spend more time outside my room?

so im in my room alot i geuss. and they want me to spend time with them more. which is fair. but i find it so boring. and i dont feel comfortable using my device around them even though im not watching something innapropriate. and we did spend time going to the grocery store together, and going shoe shopping today. anyways, ill gladly come out of my room but, is there any way for it to be less boring? i dont want to watch tv. i told my family that its boring out of my room and they replied "i dont have to entertain you! so you have to be entertained or else your bored?" and then got mad at me. i geuss that was rude. im asking how to not be bored, because i genuienly want to leave my room more and spend time with them but i feel bored when i do.

maybe you can try cooking or baking with them? search up some tutorials and try. I tried baking a cake with them, and its quite entertaining. Maybe you and your family will like it too =)

• drip

Ok so what do you expect them to do for you so you are not bored?  

You all can’t have a conversation?  Talk about music, sports, movies, books, politics. Ask them about their day. Talk. Find out thing they liked. Ask them about your heritage, grandparents great grandparents.   How about cook a meal with your parents. Start a project together. Build something, plant a garden, refinish a piece of furniture, get a puzzle started. Play a board game. Play cards.

Bake dessert. You don’t have to be right next to them. You would be out of your room, doing something for everyone. Help clean the kitchen with one of them. 

you have an addiction...but you are a kid..so its really not a huge deal...just watch out for certain behaviours that make you want to do nothing but play video games or watch porn 

• Alex

I dont blame you there are parents who dont like to spend time with their kids. I know it might sound boring but have you thought of reading a book? There are many interesting subject. You can maybe even try some little scientific projects just for the fvck of it who knows maybe you might like. Try making your own little rocket and if you set the backyard on fire atleast you can just smile at them and tell them you were trying to entertain yourself. 

• ?

Many students your age like to remain in their rooms with their computers.  It's perfectly natural to have this unfortunate friction with the adults in the family who cannot understand and take it as a sign that you don't like them.