Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCommunity Service · 2 months ago

Do criminals impersonate police?

Someone said it happens.

Update:

Why don't the women ask for ID before getting out of the car or letting them into their home?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Diana
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

This does happen sometimes.  However, I wouldn't let a cop in my door without a warrant.  Also, in the U.S., drivers have a right to deny their request to search their car.  

• 2 months ago

Absolutely (though they ever get found out, they will be charged big time. Massive crime impersonating police). Women - ANYONE - should ask for ID from ANYONE before letting them into their homes. Let it be only God you trust - everyone else has to show id!!

• 2 months ago

Has been known to happen.  The power of the police uniform, badge and perceived police demeanor is strong and when someone is feeling vulnerable, intimidated, caught off guard, an imposter can create the perfect setting for their intentions.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Happens all the time. They get caught eventually. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Extraordinarily rarely.

Lv 4
    2 months ago

I dont give a schit what someone said do you have some links?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I know that police officers sometimes emulate criminals.

• 2 months ago

They had criminals that impersonated police officers and army sergeants. He did it and here's his mugshot. I guess you have to look a certain way to pull it off 

Attachment image
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Someone impersonating the police is automatically a criminal because impersonating the police is a crime.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.