Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesChevrolet · 2 months ago

Would you be interested in a V4 Corvette if they started making them?

• Scott

No. A Corvette is a high performance sports car, not an economy car.

V4 diesel? 

Maybe...

Absolutely not! 

Keep in mind, in the model's infancy, Corvettes were equipped with V6s. I believe it was 1958 when Chevrolet began putting the Chevrolet 283ci V8 in Corvettes and they've never returned to V6s. But, mind you, I recently purchased my very first non-V8 car. A 2017 Chevrolet Malibu with a 1.5L 4 cylinder turbo and this car has not only surprised me,  it has down right shocked me. This thing is quick off the line. During highway driving, I'm positive I'll be getting a ticket soon, because it takes little effort to go from 65mph to well over 95 mph. And I'm not sure I want to find out what it's top end is. Plus, on a 150 mile (mostly highway miles with a speed limit of 65 though I normally run 5-10 mph over) it gets 35.5 mpg! So, I'm not going to knock this engine like I would have done in years past. Also, I'm kind of "old school" about Corvette being a hot rod, muscle car, or sports car - and the bigger the engine, the better. I realize horse power production and performance by smaller engines has increased,  but I'm not enthused about change - quite set in my ways, and it just doesn't feel right to me. Having said that, Corvette is not a vehicle a person purchases for it's fuel mileage. Corvette is a perfomance car, and no 4 cylinder will scream "performance" to the consumer. For that reason alone, I imagine putting a "V4" in a Corvette would result in a horrible flop! 

• Evil C

No. Call me a traditionalist, but a Corvette without a V8 (with the exception of the first generation that had the Blue Flame I6) isn't worth my time.

• Da

No, I'm not a fan of the 2 seat sports cars. 

No, and that would be a SAAB Sonnet.

Yes, i would consider buying a gas saving Corvette. As long as it was pretty reliable and came in a nice color. But i would buy a used one. I cant afford a new one.