Why did Peter deny Jesus? Well,Jesus *did* heal Peter's mother in law...?

He didn't want to be arrested.

Because The Father only acknowledges CHRIST, not Jesus:  

1. Christ is the Son of God.2. Jesus is the son of man;3. Christ lived in Jesus as Christ can live in all. Jesus' last name wasn't Christ.

Peter was the only one who knew the difference between Jesus and CHRIST.

MATT: 16:13.... Whom do men say that I the [SON OF MAN] am?  

1. Jesus confesses he is the son of man. Peter doesn't response to Jesus.  

2. CHRIST asked, "but whom say ye that I am"? Peter responds to CHRIST, not to Jesus; "Thou art the Christ, the Son of the LIVING God". Peter uses the word 'LIVING' to indicate that SONS OF GOD DON"T DIE. 

NO ANSWER FROM THE FATHER: When Jesus prayed 3 times in the Garden of Gethsemane and got NO REPLY, he could have desisted or he could have reconsidered Peter's admonishment: When speaking of suffering and dying, Jesus referred to himself as "son of man" because both Jesus and Peter knew that SONS OF GOD DON"T DIE.

Because he was afraid and at that point, none of the disciples had actually received the power from on high which was the Holy Spirit to live IN THEM, so he was weak - as we all are until we receive Holy Spirit to live in us and give us power, strength, and love which removes our fear.

Peter was a hard man to understand for when Jesus was saying, "Many will come saying have I not done this or that in my name and I'll say I never knew you" the scene gave an image he was talking to Peter.....Peter possibly killed a man and his wife over money but by the end of his life you can see he still trusted in Christ but he never said he was sorry for killing the couple.....this got me thinking about Jimmy swaggered from preaching, "You must be Born Again" to a TV system to collect money using his Born Again message...."  Great Preachers such as Peter seem to get trapped in the givers money's grip, I even heard JD Jake's looked into the camera and say, "If you are watching me you owe me."        

Good point.  Few like their mother-in-laws.

Peter was afraid to die. Jesus also prayed that he himself could be spared death, but only IF it was his Fathers will. So dont be so hard on Peter.

Luke 22:41-43 KJV — And Jesus was withdrawn from them about a stone's cast, and kneeled down, and prayed, Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done. And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.

All the apostles had to be martyred like Jesus. So he counseled his apostles this way....

Luke 12:4-5 KJV — And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.