Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

Is it just me ?

I’m 13 and my parents won’t let me go hangout at the mall with my friends ( this was before corona) but they won’t let me go to public school either cause they are Christians and most of the things my friends do my parents won’t let me do. If me and my friend want to hangout they prefer us to hangout at my house and my dad doesn’t like this one friend of mine to hangout with because he says she’s wild but he hasn’t even met her the only thing that they should think that she was wild is because she has a nose ring but other than that she’s not wild . I feel like I don’t have any freedom but is it just me or is it my parents ? Sorry if this was long or confusing and if there is any punctuation mistakes.

It's 100% your parents. I went through the same thing, I had to beg my parents to let me go to public school in 8th grade. It's really hard to live under such overbearing parents, but it does get easier. What I did was slowly ease them into it. I'd follow their rules, but break one every once and a while until eventually they eased up around 16 or 17. I'm 19 and they still have issues with me sometimes but it's a lot better then it was. Sometimes even lying to them is okay if it's for your own sanity. It's gonna suck right now probably, but it's not your fault and it will get a lot easier. hope this helps

It is both, but its natural. I know everyone has heard, "your parents only want whats best for you!" BUT they do! Now Sometimes this can go overboard. Parents let their own insecurities and fears as to what could happen when they are not around. (It's not always the choices you make & yes THINGS DO HAPPEN. Sometimes parents know more than we think they do about character. Maybe see if you can have a heart to heart talk with them and really listen to their point of view. Also let them know yours and see if you can come up with a compromise so you feel like you are able to express yourself and your freedoms but they can also know your safe. 

P/s: There are no good or bad kids at 13. Your just starting to "grow-up" (I know you don't want to hear that! but one day you will look back and say OMG I thought I knew, and oh boy.... 

Kinda confusing... hope it helps 

Source(s): Once a 13 year old and now 26 and a mommy with a little girl.

just you're  parents... but u dont have to hang at you're  house, go to hers if you're parents dont like her,  or even a park,movie,etc