why is there hardly any CRT computer monitors for sale on ebay?

i'm in the united kingdom and i'm looking for a CRT monitor because for many months now, my LCD computer monitor has been making my eyes hurt and ache whilst using it.....i still have a windows 7 desktop computer......ive had a computer for 15 years now and this problem never used to happen using LCD computer monitors?

so i thought the answer would be to to revert back to using an old CRT computer monitor? but there's hardly any on ebay at all.

ive lived as a shut in and spent untold hours in front of my desktop LCD computer screen, so i'm wondering if that has anything to do with making my eyes hurt?

someone said in my other question that it could be 5G that is making my eyes hurt through my LCD monitor?

does anyone know what the answer to this situation is?

im a male aged 42.

IMHO, the answer is probably Macular degeneration and maybe it's time for you to have your eyes checked. 42yo is about the right age to begin having problems with staring into a monitor all day.

Other than that, the monitor you're using might have too much blue-light. Maybe you should look at one of these 'eye-care' monitors that have reduced blue-light settings. 

The other problems could stem from the way you're sitting and now much strain you're putting on your neck. This could end up putting strain on your eyes. 

• keerok

I think they stopped making them already.  Whatever was left doesn't work anymore. I'm down to my last 3 CRTs. I tried to keep a number in the stock room but most eventually developed problems even when not in use. Many would start out fine but after a few minutes after heating up, would go blurred until it's not worth looking at anymore.

You can solve this with software. I did and it's free.  https://iristech.co/Iris-mini/ 

No one has made CRT monitors for at least the last five years.  Since that is about the life span of a CRT. they are becoming harder to find.

Most people find LED monitors to be easier on their eyes than CRT.  The light intensity coming from them is far lower.  I would recommend that before you replace the monitor you make an appointment to have your eyes checked.  That sounds more like an issue with your vision then with the monitor.  (I do IT for a large ophthalmology practice, so I deal with both issues.)

If you are still running Windows 7, you may want to go to Microsoft.com and download the Media Creator Tool they are currently offering for free.  It will allow you to upgrade your Win 7 to Win 10 at no cost and without a lost of any of your programs or data.  Microsoft stopped updating Win 7 in January of this year.  Since then at least three major security holes have been found in the OS that have NOT been fixed.  This leaves all Win 7 computer wide up to hackers and viruses, no matter what anti-virus you may be running.

CRT monitors have become rare items. Enough time has passed, and now most of them have been thrown on the trash heap, and nobody (almost nobody) is making them anymore. Some enthusiasts still source and refurbish CRT monitors for people who want retro gaming machines.

If you want a CRT monitor, you will have to go with the best options available on ebay, or keep going to garage sales and hope for some luck. In the next 10 years, it will become virtually impossible to find one, or anyone that could repair a broken one.