Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 1 month ago

How do I encourage more people to stop eating meat?

Meat eating is bad for both climate and environment and is causing global warming. Vegetarianism increases longevity, reduces green house emissions and promotes humanity. This is why I want everyone to give up. How can I do that?

• Bob

Meat eating is bad for both climate and environment and is causing global warming.

No. Systematic, large scale production of meat causes these things. Eating meat itself is not the problem.

While your goals may be admirable, humanity is not ready to give up meat and you will only ever find yourself frustrated and angry if you keep trying to get them to change.

Do your own bit for what you believe is important and right and gently encourage those you can to understand why you think it's important to stop but do understand yourself that you're tilting at windmills and nothing is likely to change in your lifetime.

Humans are omnivores and meat is not going away as a food source.

Hopefully one day before too long, they'll invent a way to create delicious meat without needing to kill animals and when that day comes, I think many people will be happy to eat it instead of actual animals but we're not there yet.

• Bob

Yii? Yii is an open source, object-oriented, component-based MVC PHP web application framework. 

• RICK

First of all none of your claims are valid

Secondly,  mind your own damn business

• F

Where I live I’m surrounded by hills covered in grass . The fields are too steep to plough and the soil too thin to grow crops . Grass does grow well and sheep and cows eat it and turn it into meat . How is that hurting the environment ? 

Other people's diets are really not for you to decide. It is strictly a personal choice that has nothing to do with what you want. 

Don't hold your breath.

You don't. Look after yourself and let people decide for themselves. Meat-eating is not bad for both climate and environment and is not causing global warming. You can't save the world. That is fine if you choose not to eat meat. But don't think that you can drag down the whole world with you. 

• Matt

why don't you let them do what they want? do you think you know what's best for them? that is what fascism assumes